SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Seibu Prince Club Desk (“Desk”) shall be the department that will be responsible for protecting personal information for the Program.
Article 1. Purposes for use of personal information
- The personal information that is collected from applicants and club members (including those whose membership has been terminated) (“Members”) and retained (“Personal Information”) shall be as follows.
Except where otherwise specified by law, the Company shall not acquire any sensitive information or crime, etc. related information.
- Name, date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and telephone number provided by Members on the specified membership application website, and any other information provided by Members;
- E-mail address and other information provided by Members through the member site and the campaign site for web registration or participation in questionnaire surveys; and
- Usage history related to Transactions.
- Contact details (email address, telephone memos, letter, questionnaire response content, etc.)
- Information automatically collected by the SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi Website (“Website”) (cookies, IP addresses, browser type, access date and time, etc.)
- After taking all of the necessary measures to protect Personal Information, the Company will share and use such said Personal Information with the Seibu Group companies within Japan, and the SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi member stores (collectively, “Member Stores”). The Company shall bear responsibility for the management of said personal information.
- The Company and Member Stores will use Personal Information only for the purposes listed in the following paragraphs.
- To provide services incidental to point allocation and the Membership Card by the Company and Member Stores.
- To mail or send various announcements with respect to information regarding business information, product information, etc. of the Company and Member Stores.
- For product development, market research, etc. for the products and services offered by the Company and Member Stores.
- For communications from the Company and Member Stores to Members that are necessary for Transactions and for confirming transaction details.
- For responding to inquiries, opinions, and requests from Members to the Company and Member Stores.
- For exercising rights, or fulfilling obligations, under a contract or the like.
- Even if the Company or a Member Store uses Personal Information within the scope agreed to by a Member, the Company or Member Store shall, upon request of the Member, stop using such information to the extent that it will not disturb its business operations.
Article 2. Addition or change to the purpose of use
The Company and the Member Stores will use Personal Information within the scope of the purposes for which they have notified Members or published. The Company and the Member Stores will obtain the advance consent of Members in any event that it is necessary to use any Personal Information for a purpose beyond the stated scope.
Article 3. Acquisition of personal information
The Company shall acquire personal information directly from members via telephone, in writing (including on magnetic storage media), via passports, or other means.
Article 4. Consent to provision of personal information
Members consent to the handling of personal information by the Company by declaring their intent to consent to the SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi Membership Terms and Conditions, Terms of Consent on the Handling of Personal Information (Special Provisions), and in principle the Company handles Member personal information in accordance with consent from Members. However, Members can revoke this consent at any time. In addition, Members under 16 years of age must obtain the consent of their guardian in order to use participate in the Program. In addition, the personal information provided by Members is required for the Company to provide the Program and related services to the Members, so Members who do not provide said personal information cannot make use of the Program and services.
Article 5. Legal basis for use of personal information
In principle, the legal basis for use of personal information by the Company is the consent of Members to the use of said information. In cases of use of personal information without Member consent, the legal basis for said usage shall be the necessity of use for execution of Member contracts, the necessity of use for execution of procedures in accordance with Member requests before the conclusion of a contract, the necessity of use for fair profit by the Company or third parties, or the necessity of use in order for the Company to fulfill legal obligations. Use for fair profit by the Company or third parties applies to use for increasing operating profit, etc. through marketing and service improvements, and improving the convenience and security of this Website.
Article 6. Personal information retention period
Company retention of personal information shall be limited to the period of valid membership, which is a period lasting until December 31 of the year that includes the day on which five years will have passed since the last use of the Program (last date of Prince Point allocation). In addition, in the event a Member withdraws from membership during the period of valid membership, personal information shall be retained until December 31 of the year that includes the day on which 1 year will have passed since the member withdrew. In addition, the Company shall erase or anonymize through safe measures any personal information within a reasonable period of time after the expiration of the personal information retention period.
Article 7. Cookie usage
The Company may use the information collected using cookies from Members who browse the Website as Member information by combining it with information that identifies individual Members.
Article 8. Member Rights
Members possess the following legal and other rights in regard to the Company. Members may exercise these rights by contacting Desk's personal information contact point. Upon exercise of said rights, the Company shall conscientiously work to comply with said exercise of rights after verifying membership as long as no legal or other extraordinary exemptions apply.
- Right to access personal information
A right to verify if member personal information is being used, and if being used to access said personal information and incidental information
- Right to correct personal information
A right to correct any incorrect Member personal information
- Right to erase personal information
A right to erase Member personal information under a fixed set of conditions
- Right to restrict use of personal information
A right to restrict the use of Member personal information under a fixed set of conditions
- Right to object to the use of personal information
A right to object to the use of Member personal information by the Company or any third parties on the basis of seeking fair profit
- Right to data portability
A right to have personal information provided by the Member to the Company structured to be used in a standard machine-readable format, and to transfer said personal information without any impedance by the Company.
Article 9. Establishment of a management system
- The Company shall establish a system for properly managing Personal Information in order to prevent the loss, destruction, tampering, and disclosure of such Personal Information. Unless required by the SEIBU PRINCE CLUB emi Membership Terms and Conditions, Terms of Consent on the Handling of Personal Information (Special Provisions), the law or an order from a government authority under the law, the Company shall not disclose or provide a Member’s Personal Information to any third party without the consent of the Member.
- The Company shall obtain the consent of a Member in the event it provides or shares all or part of the Member’s Personal Information with a third party. In this case, excluding those stipulated in Article 1 Paragraph 2, the third party that receives or shares such Personal Information will be required to properly manage it to the same extent that it is managed by the Company to protect the Personal Information in accordance with law.
- The Company may outsource the handling of Personal Information to a third party within the scope of the purposes stipulated in Article 1 Paragraph 2. In this case, the outsourced service provider shall be required to properly manage Personal Information to the same extent that is managed by the Company to protect the Personal Information in accordance with law, and the Company shall supervise the service provider so as to ensure that the necessary management will be in place to protect the Personal Information.
- The Company shall make every effort to properly manage Personal Information, including educating employees about the handling of Personal Information.
- The Company shall comply with all laws, regulations, and guidelines relating to the protection of Personal Information and act in accordance with the provisions of the internal regulations governing Personal Information.
- The Company shall continuously review and improve the internal regulations and management system relating to the protection of Personal Information according to changes in social conditions.
Article 10. Filing of objections with regulatory authorities
In accordance with the law and other regulations, members shall have the right to file objectives with the national government, regional governments, international organizations, or other regulatory authorities regarding the handling of personal information by the Company.
Article 11. Profiling and other automated decision-making
The Company does not carry out any decision-making based solely on profiling or other automated handling of personal information.
Article 12. Matters not stipulated
Article 13. Governing law and court of jurisdiction
Article 14. Contact point
The following contact point will handle any inquiries about the Personal Information handled by or in the possession of the Company.
SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Desk, Contact Point for Personal Information Inquiries
- 1-11-1 Kusunokidai, Tokorozawa-shi, Saitama, 359-8510
- Phone: 03-5996-1260
- Supported Languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean
- Operating Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Japan time (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and New Year holidays)
Revised March 30, 2020